” Piraeus (Greek: Pireás)is a port city in the region of Attica, Greece. It is located within the Athens urban area, 12 kilometers southwest from its city center and lies along the east coast of the Saronic Gulf.The port of Piraeus is the chief port in Greece, the largest passenger port in Europe and the second largest in the world.The city boasts the most popular and one of the most prestigious Greek multisport clubs, Olympiacos CFP. “
All these are the information that can find everyone in Wikipedia site. What’s the way I see Piraeus?
I love this city. If Athens is love , Piraeus is passion.
- It’s the city with the largest passenger port in Greece and Europe.
- It’s the city where my favorite team is based. What’s my favorite team? OLYMPIACOS . The team with the most championships and titles in every sport that takes part in Greece and one of the best teams in Europe.
- I love the way this city compiles the huge buildings and the ” city life ” with the sea and the feeling of peace.
- Port of Piraeus
- Piraeus Station
- Karaiskaki Stadium ( the Stadium of Olympiacos’ football team )
- Peace and Friendship Stadium ( the Stadium of Olympiacos’ basketball team )
- Marina Floisvou
- Veakio Theater
- Municipal Theater of Piraeus
Ohh you can’t even imagine how I love Piraeus. Whenever I ‘m in a bad mood I just run to the subway in order to go there, to walk along the street in Pasalimani, to sit in a bench and just look the sea. Athens and Piraeus for me are one, although they might be considered as two different cities. Whenever you come to Greece don’t forget to visit not only Athens but also Piraeus, you will taste a feeling of peace and calmness.
[ In a previous post I gave you a small idea about how Athens, the capital of Greece, is. I decided to start a new category of posts named ” Meet my Greece ” in which I’ll let you see places in my country through my eyes. I would really like to tell me if you are interested in this posts so I could keep writing them. I ‘m waiting for your comments.]